David Lynch ponders Mulholland Drive:
At night, you ride on the top of the world. In the daytime you ride on top of the world, too, but it's mysterious, and there's a hair of fear because it goes into remote areas. You feel the history of Hollywood in that road.
Balthazar Getty played Pete Dayton in David Lynch's cult classic Lost Highway (1997). The film has appearance by Patricia Arquette (as the murdered wife) and Robert Blake (as the Mystery Man). Lost Highway was the last film performances of Blake, Jack Nance and Richard Pryor.
We're told the drugs cops found in the past were prescriptions. As for their relationship, we're told he has a restraining order against her and she has been placed under a 5150 psychiatric hold in the past, after injuring cops when they responded to the house. We're also told she's allegedly broken into Andrew's house on numerous occasions."
The 47-year-old suffered a traumatic injury to his rectal area and paramedics found significant bleeding due to the injury, the site reported.
Getty was found naked from the waist down and suffered blunt-force trauma, but it was unclear how the injury was caused, the Los Angeles Times reported.
While the death appeared to be from natural causes, it was called an accident because of medication found at the scene, according to Los Angeles County coroner's Assistant Chief Ed Winter.
As with the Paradise Syndrome and the Hemingway Curse, wealth is no guarantee against tragedy for the Getty family.
Tragedy seemed to dog J. Paul Getty. As the L.A. Times noted, first there was the death of one of his sons, who died of a brain tumor at age 12 in 1958. Then, in 1973, another son died after stabbing himself and taking barbiturates and alcohol.
That same year, J. Paul Getty III — one of the industrialist’s grandchildren and the future father of actor Balthazar Getty — was in Rome, “living a bohemian life, frequenting nightclubs, taking part in left-wing demonstrations and reportedly earning a living making jewelry, selling paintings and acting as an extra in movies,” as the New York Times put it. This was an age when American heirs were a target — and, a year before Patty Hearst, Getty III was kidnapped....The family eventually paid $2.2 million to get Getty III back — part borrowed from the boy’s grandfather at an interest rate of 4 percent — but Getty III lost an ear to his captors.
- George Getty (1855–1930), American lawyer, married Sarah Catherine McPherson Risher (1852-1941), 1 son
- J. Paul Getty (1892–1976), wealthy American industrialist and founder of Getty Oil, 5 marriages and 5 sons
- 1. George Getty II (1924–1973), by first wife Jeanette Demont, married Gloria Gordon (1951, div. 1967), married Jacqueline Riordan (1971)
- Anne Catherine Getty Earhart (born 1952), married John Earhart
- Sara Earhart
- Claire Eugenia Getty Perry (born 1954), married N. Mazzota (div.), married N. Perry
- Beau Maurizio George Getty-Mazzota (born 1979)
- Byron Perry
- Somerset Perry
- Sebastian Perry
- Caroline Marie Getty (born 1957)
- 2. Jean Ronald Getty (born 1929), by third wife Adolphine Helmle, married Karin Seibl (1964)
- Christopher Ronald Getty (born 1965), married Pia Miller in 1992
- Isabel Getty
- Robert Maximilian Getty
- Conrad Getty
- Stephanie Marie Getty-Waibel (born 1967), married Alexander Waibel
- Marietherese Waibel
- Sigourney Waibel
- Vanessa Waibel
- Cecile Karin Margarita Getty (born 1970)
- Christina Therese Getty (born 1975)
- 3. Sir Paul Getty (1932–2003), (also known as John Paul Getty II), by fourth wife Ann Rork, married Gail Harris (1956, div. 1964), married Talitha Pol (1966, died 1971), married Victoria Holdsworth (1994)
- John Paul Getty III (1956–2011), son of Paul Getty and Abigail Harris, married Gisela Martine Zacher (1974)
- Anna, daughter of Gisela Zacher, adopted daughter of John Paul Getty III
- Balthazar Getty (born 1975), American actor, son of John Paul Getty III, married Rosetta Millington (2000)
- Cassius Paul Getty
- Grace Getty
- Violet Getty
- June Catherine Getty
- Aileen Getty (born 1957), daughter of Paul Getty and Abigail Harris, married Christopher Wilding
- Caleb Wilding
- Andrew Wilding
- Mark Getty (born 1960), founder of Getty Images, son of Paul Getty and Abigail Harris, married Domitilla Harding (1982)
- Alexander Getty
- Joseph Getty
- Julius Getty
- Ariadne Getty (born 1962), daughter of Paul Getty and Abigail Harris, married Justin Williams
- Natalia Williams
- August Williams
- Tara Gabriel Getty (born 1968), son of Paul Getty and Talitha Pol
- 4. Gordon Getty (born 1934), by fourth wife Ann Rork, married Ann Gilbert (1964)
- Gordon Peter Getty, Jr. (born 1965)
- Andrew Rork Getty (1967-2015)
- John Gilbert Getty (born 1968)
- Ivy Getty
- William Paul Getty (born 1970), married Vanessa Jarman
- Nicolette Getty, by Cynthia Beck
- Kendalle Getty, by Cynthia Beck
- Alexandra Getty, by Cynthia Beck
- 5. Timothy Ware Getty (1946–1958), by fifth wife Louise Dudley Lynch