Thursday, July 12, 2012

1950-1951: The Discovery of Gender Differences

I was born in the midst of the Roswell melodrama in the U.S. Navy military location of Norfolk ("northern people"), Virginia ("maiden"), on July 12, 1947.

My family moved back to Illinois ("tribe of superior people"), specifically Decatur ("sign of the cat"), soon afterward.

Today, my sister Susan ("lily") forwarded me proof that I discovered the female of the Homo sapiens species, sometime between 1950 and 1951 (a full decade before becoming a Fortean/cryptozoologist).

Here's the photographic evidence:

Loren Coleman, September 1950.

Loren Coleman and a friend, 1951.

Did I mention I grew up in Illinois. :-) 

Now, for the great synchromystic researchers out there, what is my middle name, which means "from the old forest" and/or "of the old, noble woods"?

3 comments:

L. Wood said...

That was too easy. Happy birthday, Loren!

Red Pill Junkie said...

A pretty lass on the left hand, and a shoe horse on the right. You were getting the hand of things at a very early age, Loren ;)

Feliz Cumpleaños.

Anonymous said...

ELWOOD!!! Blues? LOL Happy birthday!
ali wehr