Sunday, May 06, 2018

Disaster Buildings: Waffle House

As readers of the Twilight Language know, there is a long history of violence at Waffle Houses. This fact was reinforced by the recent Antioch, Tennessee Waffle House killings of April 22, 2018 (see "Naked Comes The Waffle House Shooter").

Therefore, due to the significance of these locations, I've added a small generic replica of a Waffle House building to my "Buildings of Disaster" collection. (See the previous posting, "The Boyms and Beyond: Collecting Disaster Buildings.")


An American dime for scale.


This example is from the train buildings hobby, and not exactly at the level of the museum quality standard I routinely maintain. But it will do, for now.


I am a member of the Souvenir Building Collectors Society. Most of my 500+ buildings in my collection are metal and/or are other kinds of official souvenirs.


A landmark commemorating the first Waffle House in Avondale Estates Georgia. Photo: Erik S. Lesser. Source, "What Waffle House Means to Southerners," by Bob Moser,  Rollingstone, April 25, 2018.


No comments: